CENTCOM Dismisses IRGC Claims, Says No US Aircraft Were Destroyed in Iranian Attack
CENTCOM Dismisses IRGC Claims, Says No US Aircraft Were Destroyed in Iranian Attack
The Pakistan Times | Islamabad Times
July 30, 2026
The United States Central Command (CENTCOM) has firmly rejected recent claims made by Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), describing them as false and without evidence. The statement comes after the IRGC alleged that several American F-35 fighter jets had been destroyed during an Iranian missile strike targeting Jordan's Azraq Air Base.
In an official statement, CENTCOM said that no US military aircraft, including fifth-generation F-35 fighter jets, were destroyed or damaged during the Iranian attacks. The command stated that all American military assets remain fully operational and that reports suggesting otherwise are inaccurate.
According to CENTCOM, Iranian forces launched a number of missiles and drones during the attack. However, the US military said that all incoming threats were either intercepted by air defence systems or failed to reach their intended targets. Officials added that no American military installation or aircraft suffered any confirmed damage.
The US military also rejected reports circulating on social media claiming that multiple F-35 fighter jets had been destroyed. CENTCOM stressed that such claims are part of misinformation and are not supported by operational assessments or verified evidence.
The conflicting statements from Iran and the United States highlight the growing information battle surrounding the latest escalation in the Middle East. While Iranian officials continue to claim success in targeting US military assets, Washington maintains that its forces successfully defended against the attack without sustaining losses.
Military analysts say independent verification will be essential before any claims regarding battlefield losses can be confirmed. So far, no independent international organization or third-party source has verified Iran's allegations regarding the destruction of American fighter aircraft.
Regional tensions remain high as both sides continue to exchange statements following the latest developments. Governments across the Middle East are closely monitoring the situation amid concerns that further escalation could increase instability across the region.
The Pakistan Times will continue to follow the story and provide verified updates as additional official information becomes available.
READ MORE : >>>Mirpur Violence: Three Killed, 10 Arrested as AJK Authorities Reject Misinformation Claims
Sources
US Central Command (CENTCOM)
BBC Urdu
Official US military statement

Comments
Post a Comment
We welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please keep your comments respectful, relevant, and constructive. Spam, abusive, or promotional comments will not be approved.